Twitter
YouTube
Facebook

Castillo de la Real Fuerza Havana Cuba

Castillo de la Real Fuerza Havana Cuba

Castillo de la Real Fuerza, The fortress or also know as a “lit” Castle of the Royal Army is favorite tourist attraction and big monument that closes the Plaza de las Armas. It was the first large fortification of the city, initiated in 1558 on the ruins of an ancient fortress. In the same year, the Crown sent to Cuba an engineer called Bartolomé Sanchez, supervised by 14 crown officials and main stonemasons in order to reconstruct the castle, which had been ruined by a blaze and completely destroyed by the French corsair Jacques de Sores.